An evening with Andrew Lees

It is really a great evening with Andrew Lees. The fun part of this evening is, I never realized that I don’t have an invitation for this session till I reached the registration desk. Registration desk validated my credentials and confirmed me that I don’t have an invitation, but they let me in after taking my credentials.

By the time I went in Lee just started his session. I found my self in a place comfortably and started understanding what Lee is presenting. The entire presentation is about Microsoft products and the road map for the next 2 years.

It is good know a little deeper about that from the people who make decisions.Few highlights from the presentation are…

1) Security Vulnerabilities in Database as well as WebServer when compared to others

The table for the database vulnerabilities are ...

For Windows Server 2003 and SQL Server
High - 27
Other - 36

For RedHat and MySql are
High - 41
Other - 75

For RedHat and Oracle are
High - 73 (Unbreakable ?)
Other - 134

If these details are for database, it is interesting to note that the server system has much more facts to astonish …

The table for the Web Server Role vulnerabilities are ...

For Windows Server 2003
High - 33
Other - 19

For RedHat - Minimum
High - 48
Other - 84

For RedHat - Default
High - 77
Other - 97

Apart of these, “Windows costs 13-14% less to patch”… is the comment by lead companies in the industry. That doesn’t sound great?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Network Intrusion Detection using Supervised ML technique

Common mistakes by Interviewer

Keep the system active, to avoid the auto lock